Water damage and water removal can be disastrous if not dealt with properly. It can be destructive to your furniture, upholstery, appliances, electronics, and plumbing. Thus, in order to have better water damage protection, it is essential to ask for help from water damage restoration professionals.
The faster you act, the more you can prevent further damage. The longer the water or flood damage sits in your home, the higher the risk of your water restoration services costing you more money. Act fast to reduce your flood damage and water damage risk.
Water removal services are essential—flood restoration and water damage restoration have grave effects on property and people if not done right.
we offer 24/7 emergency service (949) 506-3652
How To Get Water Damage Protection
First, recognize all water damage risks in your home to be able to avoid high water restoration and water removal costs. Flood damage most often occurs because of a homeowner’s negligence. The most common sources of water damage risks can be noticed way before any severe flood damage occurs.
Flood damage can happen with:
- Leaky dishwashers
- A washing machine overflow
- Clogged toilet
- Broken pipes
- Roof leaks
- Faulty gutters
- Foundation cracks
- Malfunctioned sump pump
- Poor exterior siding
A Checklist for Better Water Damage Protection
Are you experiencing leaky pipes? Have you cleaned your gutters recently? As a homeowner, it is important to give your home the best water damage protection.
Here is a checklist for homeowners to protect their property from flood damage:
- Inspect Your Roof. Do you have any missing or broken roof shingles? Ensure your roof is in excellent condition. Inspect your roof regularly before and after rainfall and storms. Water damage restoration is not cheap. If you notice any significant flood damage risks, call a water damage restoration Irvine professional.
- Clean Gutters and Downspout. Clean your gutter and downspout twice a year to avoid blockage. First, clean the downspout—remove all the large debris like leaves and twigs. After removing the debris, use a hose to clean the remaining dirt. After cleaning your gutter, install gutter guards to fully protect your home from water damage and flood damage.
- Trim Your Trees. Large trees can break during rainy seasons. Broken trees or branches can damage your roof or even other parts of the house. Trees are beautiful, but if not trimmed, they often can also cause flood damage and immediate water restoration service needs.
- Caulk And Seal Your Windows. Caulk and seal your windows to prevent water damage Irvine. You can also apply caulk in other parts of the house such as the bathroom, ceiling fixtures, and drains to keep water damage restoration and flood damage from areas of your home.Here are the steps in applying the caulk:
- Choose the right caulk—waterproof silicone caulk is the best. Avoid using acrylic caulk because it cracks over time and shrinks, which can lead to more water damage.
- Clean the surface by removing any loose particles or old caulk. Use a wet rag to wipe away any remaining debris so the caulk can seal properly, saving your home from costly water damage restoration. Then, dry the area before you start caulking.
- Prepare the seal and tube. Insert the caulk tube into your gun and place the nozzle tip on the spot where you want to start caulking to protect yourself from flood damage.
- Keep a steady pressure to control the amount of caulk you apply.
- Finally, smooth the seal. You can smooth the seal using a caulk smoothing tool or your finger to even out the bead.
- Check Your Pipes. Pipes gradually deteriorate—rusting and decaying over time. Risks of flood restoration often result from leaky pipes, as mentioned before. Annually check your pipes, or better yet hire water damage restoration Irvine professionals to do so, to avoid flood damage of raw sewage into your home. Even a small leak could lead to flood damage problems.
- Test Your Sump Pump. A sump pump is a homeowner’s protection against flood damage. It can be installed in the lower part of your basement or even outside for water damage Irvine prevention.
Prevent Water Damage Irvine
Prevention is a much better and cheaper way to avoid water damage restoration—it is vital to protect your homes against water damage.
If water damage persists, it is best to seek help from water damage restoration professionals. We offer 24/7 services—learn more about the best water damage and water restoration solutions.