Are you struggling with mold in your bathroom? If so, you’re not alone. To get rid of mold in your bathroom, you need to take action as soon as possible.
Bathrooms are known for being hotspots for mold growth due to the constant moisture and humidity. If left unchecked, mold can spread quickly and pose health risks to you and your family.
Causes of Mold Growth in Your Bathroom
Bathrooms are considered a natural breeding ground for molds. Moisture sticks on your shower liner, walls, windows, tiles, grout, and other areas of the room. One of the major causes of bathroom mold is moisture prevailing in rooms without appropriate ventilation. Showers, tubs, sinks, and leaky pipes contribute to moisture control issues that can lead to mold growth.
How To Prevent Mold From Growing in Your Bathroom
Before you think of ways on how to get rid of mold in your bathroom, the first thing you need to know to is to learn how stop from having it in your home. Heavy mold damage issues usually require the help of mold damage experts. However, there are certain ways or steps on how you can help prevent mold growth in your bathroom.
- Keep your bathroom well-ventilated. Open the windows or turn on the fan when showering.
- Dust your bathroom and wipe the surfaces using a lightly damped microfiber cloth.
- Wipe down the shower every after use to prevent sitting water.
- Go for a mold-resistant shower and window curtains. If possible, clean the shower curtain and window once a week.
- Wipe down the shower tiles and grout to get rid of dampness.
- Wash and dry rugs often.
- Repair any plumbing issues like leaking faucets, pipes, and showerheads.
- Hang your damp towels or other wet items and do not leave them on the floor.
- Clean soap scum to prevent giving molds in a home.
Get Rid of Mold in Your Bathroom
Mold in the bathroom is annoying and frustrating especially if it isn’t controlled. Some of the best ways to deal with and get rid of mold in your bathroom are as follows:
- Maintain the cleanliness and dryness of the surfaces to help prevent mold growth.
- Use mold-killing products such as vinegar, bleach, or hydrogen peroxide in cleaning your bathroom. You may also use baking soda to reduce the appearance of the mold but will not kill 100% mold growth. Please call a professional to fully get rid of mold.
>Don’t mix cleaning solutions because it might cause toxic reactions.
>Always make sure that your bathroom is well-ventilated
especially when cleaning.
>Put on goggles, gloves, and a mask when cleaning your bathroom.
- Apply a sealer to the grout to help prevent mold development in the future.
- Remove any caulk that has mold and re-caulk if necessary.
- If mold from rugs is hard to remove, consider changing them.
- Replace shower curtains if they didn’t respond to mold removal treatments and washing.
If molds go unnoticed, they will start to develop on the ceiling, under the drywall, behind the shower, and in the insulation or ventilation system. When it start to spread wider, it will be difficult for you to get rid of mold in your bathroom. If that’s the case, please call the professionals of mold damage repair Irvine to prevent it from causing further damage.
Visit our website or you can give us a ring at our local office today, Water Damage Irvine. We are available 24/7 to assist you with your mold damage issues.